As a combined system, we would work to unite the resources of both systems with one common purpose – to make the next generation of this region healthier than today’s, and to make sure those who need healthcare services today can access the best care available in the nation.
As a single integrated health system and significant employer, our new system will be uniquely able to provide the people we serve with even higher quality, more affordable care.
We will aim to be among the best health systems in the nation, known for outstanding clinical outcomes, superior patient experience and affordability.
We will be one of the most attractive health systems for physicians and team members.
We will partner with physicians and clinically integrate to derive new quality and value for the patients, businesses and payors who rely on us.
We will achieve long-term financial stability and sustainability through the capture of major merger-specific cost-efficiencies, wise stewardship of resources and sound fiscal management.
Together, we can do more for our patients.
What We Are Creating
We believe an integrated health system would be a significant step forward for patient care, wellness, affordability and health education in our region.
- We would work to eliminate unnecessary duplication in our operations, enabling us to invest more in better coordinating patient care, improving quality, and enhancing access throughout the communities we serve.
- We would invest in high-level specialty services, allowing more people to receive the care they need close to home.
- With the community, we would conduct a comprehensive regional health needs assessment and then work hand-in-hand to tackle some of the most important health issues our region faces.
- We would work to improve access to substance abuse and mental health services.
- We would work with academic institutions, such as East Tennessee State University, to strengthen the pipeline of physicians and allied health professionals, and to attract research jobs and investments in our region.