Like most communities across the country, our region faces a variety of important public health issues. We want to tackle these important health issues with you – the people we serve – to make sure we are best meeting your needs today and in the future.
That’s why we’re excited to launch a new initiative to focus on 4 key areas for health improvement in our region. Work groups dedicated to these topics will provide input to Mountain States and Wellmont as we explore the creation of a new, integrated and locally governed health system.
This initiative is only one of the ways we’ll seek the input of our team members, nurses, physicians and the community along the way.
About the Work Groups
The work groups will provide input in solving some of the region’s most challenging health issues. The work groups will:
- Begin meeting in the summer and continue through the end of the year.
- Hold public meetings throughout Northeast Tennessee and Southwest Virginia to seek community input.
- Be led by subject matter experts and include members from throughout the region who represent a broad variety of experience and perspectives.
- Be staffed by members of Mountain States and Wellmont along with master’s and doctoral level students from ETSU.
- Provide regular updates as well as final findings to the Integration Council.
Want to Get Involved?
Thank you to everyone who participated in our community health round table meetings. View the summaries of the community health meetings »