Tennessee Department of Health – December 19, 2016 »
Wellmont Health System and Mountain States Health Alliance have agreed to exclusively explore the creation of a new, integrated and locally governed health system that will create an exciting future for healthcare in our region.
The proposed merger was unanimously approved by the boards of directors of both systems because they believe a Wellmont and Mountain States combination will demonstrate our shared commitment to the people in our region – a commitment no one else can possibly be more passionate about than we are.
This will be an opportunity for our two organizations to come together and build something brand new that reflects what our community really needs – today and in the years ahead.
This website is dedicated to sharing important news about this proposed merger as we continue to discuss the many details that are yet to be finalized. Please sign up to receive the latest updates and check back for new information.
There’s a long road ahead, but there is no doubt we will be better… together. Thank you for joining us in defining a new future for healthcare in our region.
- Community & Stakeholder Pre-Submission Report
- Tennessee Application Submitted by Mountain States Health Alliance and Wellmont Health System
- Addendum #1 to COPA Application
Addendum | Attachment D | Attachment E
- Response #1 to Questions Submitted April 22, 2016 by Tennessee Department of Health
- Response #2 to Questions Submitted April 22, 2016 by Tennessee Department of Health
- Department of Health COPA Public Hearing Schedule
- Response to Public Comments Submitted to Tennessee Department of Health – Submitted December 19, 2016
About Our Systems
Wellmont Health System operates six hospitals and numerous outpatient care sites, serving communities in Northeast Tennessee and Southwest Virginia. Wellmont’s mission is to deliver superior care with compassion, and we consistently rank among the nation’s best for high-quality outcomes and processes of care.
Mountain States Health Alliance operates 13 hospitals and numerous outpatient care sites across a 29-county, four-state region. Mountain States is committed to its mission of bringing loving care to healthcare – and we passionately pursue healing of the mind, body and spirit to meet the needs of the individuals and communities in our region.